Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Troubles :[

I had a very action packed night at work yesterday night. I was just another extremely boring day at work, where I wanted to just lay on the ground and fall asleep. Well I got one of those wishes...I was just bent down to pick something up and I was turning around to go help the guy next to me when 'pop' my knee blows out...Again.
I was just laying on the ground, thinking "Oh crap, why work, of all places!" and "Why couldn't something cool have happened, like I was running from some crazy guy who wanted my money, or I was just cliff diving, not I just turned around and pop, my knee is out of my socket." But anyways, I was just laying there and I was like "Uh, can I get some help?" So a couple people see that I am on the ground and they have no idea what to do, they are all just standing around me, which is totally embarrassing, so I have to be the one that says "Can one of you guys get help or something?" They were totally clueless. So then someone calls 911 and then I say "Does anyone have another phone I can use to call my parents?" like that wasn't the total obvious thing to do. I'm the one with my knee cap on the side of my leg just laying on the ground in excruciating pain, but totally calm, having to take control of everything and tell people what to do. I think it's pretty funny, I wouldn't have known what to do either.
So I was there on the ground for maybe 10 mins when the firemen showed up and they started to question me and put me on a gurney. Then the paramedics showed up right when they put me on the gurney, and right as they were putting me in the paramedic truck my parents come running over. Perfect Timing.
So it was a bumpy ride and long ride. The drive was from Grand Teton & Durango to the Summerlin ER. I was always terrified of getting an IV but it doesn't scare me anymore cause if you ever need one you are probably in more pain than having that needle go into your arm. It's all a little hazy from then on cause of all the morphine they gave me but I know they got lost trying to find the pediatrics so we were rolling all over the hallways. Then when they found it the doctor just acted like she was checking my knee and then she just popped it right into place, and it was such a relief. It still hurt like crazy, but it relieved a lot of stress on my knee. I almost think my mom had it worse than me, she had just taken 3 Tylenol PM's when I called and then she was stuck at the hospital for 4 hours just sitting there, waiting, while I was in my nice cozy little cot sleeping. We didn't even get home till about 2am. But while I was awake a little after the doctor popped it back in I remember asking my mom if she had taken any pictures of my knee when it was popped out and when she told me no I was all disappointed. I was hoping that would gross everyone out as much as Sara's ankle picture. And then I said that I was excited to go home and blog about it, because I hadn't had anything to blog about in a while. :D
My mom took pictures while I was at the hospital with my knee back in place. I'll post those soon...






Here's my knee almost exactly 2 years and 3 months ago...




I'm also hoping for a faster recovery. It took me a week to go without a wheel chair or crutches and walk around just with my brace on. Currently I am walking around with my brace on. Last time it took me about a month to be able to walk without crutches or a brace, I'm hoping for a week or two. Or at least before homecoming, because I'm not wearing this nasty brace there. But I already lost all my muscle in my right leg. :/ Which is crazy, cause I worked hard, all that conditioning for Tennis this past month and a half...It's all gone.

6 comments:

Vegas Family said...

What a bummer! Sorry it happend again!
You owe me one for keeping me up all night.

eekareek said...

That does suck! MAybe you should super glue it into place. I made sure to get a picture before the roller skate came off. Thank goodness for camera phones. I took several more pictures of my leg before it was straightned out but they just aren't as good as that one with a 20 lb roller skate on. Hopefully there won't be another opportunity for you to get a picture. Get better soon. I will be thinking of you!

Hot Pants said...

Just be glad it didn't happen at the dance, while you were doing a nice, slow, romantic dance with a cute boy, then BAM, your on the ground crying for your mom. It could ruin a date. Hope you feel better soon. I'm paranoid about knee incidents, gives me the heebies.

Anonymous said...

Was the fireman hot??

Anna B said...

I'm so sorry for you. That totally sucks. I do hope you have a faster recovery this time. Take care.

E said...

ugh. This was hard to read. Really gave me the willies. But screwing up your knee because you were picking up a stone to skip across the lake (I was reading between the lines) is a really exciting story. You're like Hunk Finn.