Friday, September 26, 2008

Gimp

I went to see an Orthopedic Surgeon yesterday. He told me the way my knees were built makes me prone to having a dislocated patella, I have knocked knees, whatever that means. He also said that I might have to have surgery to fix this problem so it won't happen again, so I have to get an MRI by Tuesday so he can find out if my knee is centered correctly or not. If it's centered correctly I will most likely just go to physical therapy to strengthen my knee muscles, I didn't know knees had muscles. If it's not centered perfectly then he is going to go in and have surgery on it and it will really decrease my chances of this happening again. I'm terrified of surgery.

On a happier note, everyone at my work thinks I'm some supernatural person because I was all very calm when this happened and I also showed up to work the next day with my shnazzy knee brace on.
One of the guys I work for said "[Hayley] is one tough broad" obviously he is older cause I don't know anyone who has used that type of vernacular since the 1920's. My boss's son said "If I ever get in a fight or get hurt or anything all I am going to think is...What would Hayley do?" another one of my favorites was from this kid that saw it all happen..."WHAT!?!? After all that...I can't believe you came to work today!" I also got a lot of "wow your really tough".
I pretty much feel like 'one hundred dollars' (Quote from the book Extremely Load & Incredibly Close), except for my leg which is in a lot of pain right now.

No comments: