Friday, September 26, 2008

I am a nerd.

I finished my book Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close and my class just started reading the first chapter. I guess I am just an overachiever.

I decided I am going to give my book review on it, this book is now one of my favorite's and right up there with Harry Potter and Twilight, not ever kidding. I thought it was going to be some long drawn out book about some family and how they lived through their lives after the disastrous 9/11. Ok...it was just like that but not how I thought it would be. It only had a few refrences to 9/11 but it was still definatelly a 9/11 book. This story is about a little 9 year old genious boy whose father was killed on September 11th in the second tower. It is also about his grandmother and her sad little love story about how her husband left her at a very hard time in her life. It was a very sad and depressing book, but it made me laugh a ton.

This little boy, Oskar Schell, is an inventor, Francophile, tambourine player, Shakespearean actor, jeweler, pacifist, amateur entomologist, vegan, orgamist, percussionist, amateur asronomer, computer consultant, and amateur archeologist. I also can't forget he speaks pretty good french. His idol is Stephen Hawking. He collects rare coins, postage stamps, butterflies that died in natural deaths, miniture cacti, Beatles memorabilia, semiprecious stones, and other things.

He wants to invent a bird-seed shirt, so when you wear it birds will come and pick you up and fly you to safety. He want's skyskrapers to move and elevators to stay in place. He wants a portable pocket so you can velcrow it to your pants and take it with you anywhere and have plenty of pocketspace so you can have bigger matches because matches are to small and they burn your fingers, and they are small because our pockets are small, so if we have bigger portable pockets...problem solved.


I loved this book :]

5 comments:

E said...

I've heard good things about this book from other people as well, but I thought it might be depressing because of the 911 thing, and I haven't been in the mood to read anything depressing. I'll def check it out now. BTW, I don't know if you knew this, but Anthony collects rare coins. And I love the portable pocket idea.

E said...

PS. Nerd.

eekareek said...

Hmmm, I will have to give it a try.

Hot Pants said...

I love nerds. That's why I married Dwight.

Mary said...

I'll have to check this book out as I trust your recommendations. How is the knee? I can identify with your fear of needles and surgery...almost didn't marry your gramps because I was afraid to get the blood test required in California before getting married! But I have had knee surgery and I lived to tell about it, so don't get too scared. If you need support from a fellow sufferer, give me a call. Love you!